Who We Are
Vector & Ink is a Marketing agency infatuated with travel & tourism. We believe in each other and place our highest value on our team: not our work, not our products and not sales. We know these things are nothing more than the product of a satisfied employee. We thrive in a team environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity. We approach our craft with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude. We maintain an open environment where creativity and curiosity are encouraged. With an ever-growing team of digital strategists, designers and coders – we now create, develop, manage and host websites, social media campaigns, and brand management programs for customers nationwide. We do all of this while also being the most well recognized publishing & distribution company in our two locations in Wisconsin & Florida.
About the Role
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Content Creator will …
- Maintain and monitor the company’s Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Yelp, and other platforms.
- Write copy for internal assets such as social media, website blog posts, articles, case studies, and white papers.
- Write copy for client’s social media, websites, blog platforms, etc.
- Learn the art of putting together brand storybooks and proposal documentation using their visual eye as well as adding content and images after being prepped by new business team members.
- Be our go to asset on the team when it comes to taking stellar photographs. You’ll be the one pulled to come along to document our work to save for case studies, social media, and so forth.
- Create content calendars and ensure that every client (and V&I) has a winning content strategy.
- Design, create, and send email marketing campaigns with background in digital marketing ideals.
- Respond to online messages, comments, and feedback on social channels to reflect the brand and company as a whole.
- Work with the Marketing Strategist to define and implement strategy across everything that is created by the agency.
- Work with Marketing Strategist to create training guides/infographics and processes for onboarding both clients/new team members
- Strategize and work with team to produce promotions, communications and marketing collateral (i.e. brochures, presentations, brand documentation, videos, etc.)
Who You Are
You’re a lover of all things travel, food, and have an eye for aesthetically pleasing things. Organized. Social media-savvy. Dedicated to the teams you’re on and the people you work with. An individual who craves feedback for personal refinement and takes it well. You know how to take the bare bones of words and make it leap off the page. You’re more than just a pretty writer, your words have grit and mean something. You’re thorough. The kind of person who reads and email 2-3 times before sending it. AND most importantly it’s easy for you to spot a problem and insert yourself in as part of or the solution. Waiting around for others to ask you to help, isn’t your MO and you’re a professional at wearing multiple hats at a time. You have a sales-spirit and can handle client communications with grace and ease.
What You Know
- You’re a data driven marketer who cannot help but being well-versed in all the latest digital trends. Products, consistent fads, you name it, you know it.
- You know the Adobe Creative Suite — including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- You’re exceptional in Microsoft Suite, MailChimp, WordPress, and social media platforms for business use.
- You’re more than comfortable with a camera in your hands – it’s home to you. You are willing and able to act as our day to day photographer and teach those around you what capturing a stellar picture is all about.
- You can write on a variety of subjects and the idea of blogging consistently for both internal and client facing platforms does not scare you.
- You are a grammar Nazi but also know how to captivate the reader with your storytelling skills. No mistakenly placed comma or weirdly worded sentence will get past you and everything you touch. You’ll be the main pair of eyes to approve everything that goes out of Vector & Ink.
- You have a natural ability to take lead on a project – inspiring not only the client – but the entire gang working on it.
- You know what is considered visually appealing and strive to bring that forth in every detail of every project you touch.
- You can work independently — setting your own schedule, being a go-getter, and love the freedom.
Experience and Education
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications/Journalism.
- Can provide examples of writing and has done copywriting work prior.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a similar role.
- Knowledge of environmental brand design and brand management preferred.
- Travelers get an A+. We thrive on tourism and desire someone that lives our dream too. Someone that is passionate about traveling and enthusiastic to learn about new places and their cultures/architecture.
Life at Vector & Ink is never boring. It includes perks beyond traditional health benefits and goodie baskets. (Our newest decree includes enjoying paid time off for the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day)! Employees know us as a place that provides ever-changing experiences and team-building outings. You won’t find these perks at offices nearby – we pride ourselves on employee engagement and retention.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Please send a resume and a link to your online portfolio or samples of work. If your portfolio and credentials hit all the sweet spots, we will reach out to schedule an in-person interview. Please note that only applicants that meet the requirements will be considered.
Send all assets to [email protected] to get the ball rolling. We’re excited to hear from you!