About the Role
Looking for a full-time Fabrication Assistant in our Wisconsin Dells Office! The Fabrication Assistant works with the Fabrication Manager in completion of the day-to-day activities in the fabrication/construction process and the maintenance of the building(s), equipment and machinery.
What You’ll Do
- Use various skills including carpentry, casting, and painting in the construction and fabrication of design props, models and other display items
- Construction management of items for internal and external design elements for branding initiatives
- Use of sign machinery as directed by Fabrication Manager
- Safe and efficient use of the router table
- Purchase supplies as directed by manager
- Keep Workshop clean and organized
- Use of variety of hand and power tools and forklift when necessary
- Assist with all grounds maintenance, including parking lot maintenance, mowing, trimming, shoveling, plant/shrubbery trimming and overall appearance of grounds with the assistance of distribution staff
- Miscellaneous building maintenance as needed/directed
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
Personable. Fun. Organized. Superb at time management and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a collaborative atmosphere where the good ideas come from anywhere. You aspire to concept and execute industry-leading design work. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you—you take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them.
Your Education and Experience
- High school diploma is required for the position.
- Sign shop experience and use of machinery involved a plus.
- One year of related experience is also considered beneficial.
- Forklift operation, pallet jack operation, use of a hand truck experience and various hand and power tools are required.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position including lifting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing on a regular basis. This position is a very active position.
Life at Vector & Ink is never boring. It includes perks beyond traditional health benefits and goodie baskets. (Our newest decree includes enjoying paid time off for the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day)! Employees know us as a place that provides ever-changing experiences and team-building outings. You won’t find these perks at offices nearby – we pride ourselves on employee engagement and retention.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Please send your resume to [email protected] to get the ball rolling. We’re excited to go places with you in our back pocket!