Digital Marketing Specialist
Who We Are
Vector & Ink is a Marketing Agency infatuated with travel and tourism. We believe in each other and place our highest value on our team: not our work, not our products and not sales. We know these things are nothing more than the product of a satisfied employee. We thrive in a team environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity. We approach our craft with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude. We maintain an open environment where creativity and curiosity are encouraged. With an ever-growing team of digital strategists, designers and coders – we now create, develop, manage and host websites, social media campaigns, and brand management programs for customers nationwide. We do all of this while also being the most well recognized publishing; distribution company in our two locations in Wisconsin and Florida.
About the Role
The Digital Marketing Specialist fosters engagement with the Vector and Ink’s brand, supports cross-functional marketing initiatives for clients, and maintains best-in-class content and user experiences across digital channels. Employing web, community, search, and email/marketing automation strategies, this person works with internal marketing, stakeholders from other business units and external vendors to define, plan, schedule and execute multi-channel digital engagement, campaigns, and projects. The individual must be familiar with a variety of digital marketing concepts, practices, and procedures to support all aspects of Vector & Ink’s digital marketing needs.
What You’ll Do
- Assist with development of strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and client websites and drive qualified traffic to dells.com and visitwisconsindells.com.
- Responsible for organizing and implementing all facets of web copywriting and content management, SEO, SEM, campaigns.
- Manage and execute all aspects of the company’s and client’s email marketing strategy, including day-to-day operational tasks, scheduling, content creation, photoshop requirements, etc.
- Optimize email marketing campaign performance through A/B testing, personalization, and dynamic content.
- Create email content with a voice that matches the brand, with an ability to promote products and events while avoiding overhype and corporate speak.
- Test everything possible – from subject lines, to copy, to visuals, to flows, to timing, to CTAs – and optimize future emails accordingly.
- Develop, set up and deploy email campaigns utilizing MailChimp.
- Plan acquisition (paid search and affiliate) and retention marketing projects, maintain targeted budget, prepare and provide performance reports.
- Leverage digital marketing and automation tools to execute digital campaigns ensuring coordination and timing of messages across social media and website.
- Proactively provide insights from analytics to support measurement and reporting of digital marketing efforts.
- Coordinate with product and graphic designers to develop and design content for the following areas: web banners, email communication and social media campaigns as related to marketing events.
- Stay current on tools, trends, tactics, news and betas from industry blogs, peer networks and vendors, and educate broader organization and key stakeholders on new opportunities.
Who You Are
- You are collaborative: working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- You are an excellent communicator: clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Your technical/professional knowledge and skills have achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- You have a solid knowledge of basic strategic principles across digital channels.
- You are someone that works best in an environment with a sense of urgency and can-do attitude.
- You are comfortable being accountable in a culture of autonomy and ownership.
- You are driven, self-starter that identifies and solves challenges.
- You identify as a lifelong learner looking to contribute both professionally and culturally to our organization.
- You have outstanding presentation & communication skills.
Your Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, executing digital marketing, SEO and/or integrated marketing programs
- Experience with MailChimp platform
- Experience with social media management tools (i.e. Hootsuite)
- Experience updating and managing website content management systems (i.e. WordPress)
- Strong analytical and creative capabilities to improve and assess marketing effectiveness
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in project management, product marketing and digital marketing methods
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and execution
- Self-motivated, independent, quick learner
- Ability to perform Internet research as well as be a dot-connector with insights and strategy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Desire to learn new concepts and work on new projects
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience
- 2+ years of experience in an agency setting
- Experience with email marketing campaigns, SEO, blogging, writing email and press releases, and social media management
- B2C Marketing experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
Life at Vector & Ink is never boring. It includes perks beyond traditional health benefits and goodie baskets. (Our newest benefit includes enjoying paid time off for the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day)! Employees know us as a place that provides ever-changing experiences and team-building outings. You won’t find these perks at offices nearby – we pride ourselves on employee engagement and retention.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure. Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
This position is located in Wisconsin Dells. Remote options are available after probationary position and at the discretion of management.
Please send your resume to [email protected] to get the ball rolling. We’re excited to go places with you in our back pocket!