Visual DesignerPut your design skills to use
Who We Are
Vector & Ink is a Marketing Agency infatuated with travel & tourism.
We believe in each other and place our highest value on our team: not our work, not our products and not sales. We know these things are nothing more than the product of a satisfied employee. We thrive in a team environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity. We approach our craft with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude. We maintain an open environment where creativity and curiosity are encouraged. With an ever-growing team of digital strategists, designers and coders – we now create, develop, manage and host websites, social media campaigns, and brand management programs for customers nationwide.
We do all of this while also being the most well recognized publishing & distribution company in our two locations in Wisconsin & Florida.
Vector & Ink is looking high & low for an UNPARALLELED Visual Designer. Someone that has Brand Love in mind and knows how to use it. The Visual Designer will work with a variety of platforms, which may include: Internet and intranet sites, swag, product packaging, games, movies, kiosks and wearables. In short, they would create the concepts, artwork, and layouts for digital and print projects based on creative briefs as well as client meetings.
Who You Are
Personable. Fun. Organized. Superb at time management and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a collegial atmosphere where the good ideas come from anywhere. You aspire to concept and execute industry-leading design work. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you—you take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them.
You Gotta Know Your $#%@
● Ability to captivate your audience through elevated design concept and execution.
● Know the Adobe Creative Suite — including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
● Take direction from Creative Director on a variety of projects. Demonstrate value by contributing and often leading team discussions around vision, ideation, design and execution.
● Natural ability to take the Creative Lead on a project – inspiring not only the Client – but the entire gang working on it.
● Brand Conscious decision-making is crucial.
● Perfecting the art of dazzling clients with vision across all platforms in a consistent/profitable way.
● Design Experience that crosses multiple platforms – web/print/merchandise/etc.
● Willingness to present brand strategy, concept development solutions, and visual design capabilities in small and group settings.
Extra Cool If You
● Travelers get an A+. We thrive on tourism and desire someone that lives our dream too. Someone that is passionate about traveling and enthusiastic to learn about new places and their cultures/architecture.
● Environmental Design experience.
● Employees that work hard and place nice – they love what they do but don’t forget to have fun.
● Collaboration is your jam. We strive to build teams that collaborate with each other – regardless of where they fall on the Myers Briggs. Our differences are what make us a strong team.
● Can work independently — setting your own schedule, being a go-getter, and love the freedom.
Backstage at Vector & Ink
Life at Vector & Ink is never boring. It includes perks beyond traditional health benefits and goodie baskets. (Our newest decree includes enjoying paid time off for the week between Christmas Eve and New Years Day)! Employees know us as a place that provides ever-changing experiences and team- building outings. You won’t find these perks at offices nearby – we pride ourselves on employee engagement and retention.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Know that part of the interview process is a concept design test.
Please send resume and a link to your online portfolio or samples of work. If your portfolio and credentials hit all the sweet spots, we will reach out to schedule an in person interview. Please note that only applicants that meet the requirements will be considered.
Send all assets to [email protected] to get the ball rolling. We’re excited to hear from you!