Who We Are
Vector & Ink is a Marketing Agency infatuated with travel & tourism. We believe in each other and place our highest value on our team: not our work, not our products and not sales. We know these things are nothing more than the product of a satisfied employee. We thrive in a team environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity. We approach our craft with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude. We maintain an open environment where creativity and curiosity are encouraged. With an ever-growing team of digital strategists, designers and coders – we now create, develop, manage and host websites, social media campaigns, and brand management programs for customers nationwide. We do all of this while also being the most well recognized publishing & distribution company in our two locations in Wisconsin & Florida.
About the Role
Vector & Ink is looking high & low for an UNPARALLELED Interactive Designer. Someone that has brand management in mind and knows how to use it. The Interactive Designer will work with a variety of platforms, which may include: Internet and intranet sites, swag, product packaging, games, movies, kiosks and wearables. In short, they would create the concepts, artwork, and layouts for digital and print projects based on creative briefs as well as client meetings. Know that part of the interview process is a concept design test.
Who You Are
Personable. Fun. Organized. Superb at time management and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a collaborative atmosphere where the good ideas come from anywhere. You aspire to concept and execute industry-leading design work. The spirit of the entrepreneur is strong in you—you take ownership of your projects and are driven by a need to leave things better than you found them.
What You Know
- You have the ability to captivate your audience through elevated design concept and execution.
- You know the Adobe Creative Suite — including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- You can take direction from on a variety of projects. Demonstrate value by contributing and often leading team discussions around vision, ideation, design and execution.
- You have a natural ability to take the Creative Lead on a project – inspiring not only the Client – but the entire gang working on it.
- Your brand Conscious decision-making is crucial to success.
- Perfecting the art of dazzling clients with vision across all platforms in a consistent/profitable way.
- You have design experience that crosses multiple platforms – web/print/merchandise/etc.
- You have a willingness to present brand strategy, concept development solutions, and visual design capabilities in small and group settings.
- Collaboration is your jam. We strive to build teams that collaborate with each other – regardless of where they fall on the Myers Briggs. Our differences are what make us a strong team.
- You can work independently — setting your own schedule, being a go-getter, and love the freedom.
Experience and Education
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- 3-5 years in visual or graphic design.
- Knowledge of environmental brand design and management preferred.
- Travelers get an A+. We thrive on tourism and desire someone that lives our dream too. Someone that is passionate about traveling and enthusiastic to learn about new places and their cultures/architecture.
Life at Vector & Ink is never boring. It includes perks beyond traditional health benefits and goodie baskets. (Our newest decree includes enjoying paid time off for the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day)! Employees know us as a place that provides ever-changing experiences and team-building outings. You won’t find these perks at offices nearby – we pride ourselves on employee engagement and retention.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
Please send resume and a link to your online portfolio or samples of work. If your portfolio and credentials hit all the sweet spots, we will reach out to schedule an in person interview. Please note that only applicants that meet the requirements will be considered.
Send all assets to [email protected] to get the ball rolling. We’re excited to hear from you!