Web Developer II
Who We Are
Vector & Ink is a Marketing Agency infatuated with travel and tourism. We believe in each other and place our highest value on our team: not our work, not our products and not sales. We know these things are nothing more than the product of a satisfied employee. We thrive in a team environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity. We approach our craft with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude. We maintain an open environment where creativity and curiosity are encouraged. With an ever-growing team of digital strategists, designers and coders – we now create, develop, manage and host websites, social media campaigns, and brand management programs for customers nationwide. We do all of this while also being the most well recognized publishing; distribution company in our two locations in Wisconsin and Florida.
The Web Developer II position reports directly to the Web Development Manager and is a mid-level position in the field. This position must collaborate with other developers to ensure coding and structure of websites and other projects.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and create websites based on approved designs by client; using appropriate CMS (Content Management System) software so clients may update and maintain their own content as needed.
- Evaluate designs, wireframes and other deliverables during the design and user experience phase for potential development issues and flag problems appropriately.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation for coding methods used by the Web Development department.
- Code and maintain custom WordPress themes and plugins.
- Update code for existing websites; maintaining functionality and rebuilding as needed from client specifications.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display in major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS and Android platforms.
- Update and maintain code for GIT and BitBucket projects.
- Organize workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership.
- Work collaboratively across the Digital Department to ensure V&I goals and branding when working on projects.
- Effectively maintain a test environment, using best practices to test all changes and enhancements prior to pushing to production.
- Maintain a deep familiarity with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Adhere to industry best practices, comments in code, and the creation of supporting documentation.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Your Education and Experience
- Degree in information technology, computer science or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ development experience in a Web Production environment
- 2+ years’ experience with responsive WordPress development including custom theme and plugin development (Familiarity with Timber a plus)
- Fluency with version control software (Git, BitBucket)
- Practical knowledge of Node.js, Build Processes (Gulp), Continuous Deployment Processes (Buddy.Works) and Composer
- Solid understanding of web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools: JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to estimate time and level of effort for development tasks
- Strong time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Works well both independently and with other developers
- Excellent communicator with attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
Who You Are
- You are collaborative: working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- You are an excellent communicator: clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Your technical/professional knowledge and skills have achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- You have a solid knowledge of basic strategic principles across digital channels.
- You are someone that works best in an environment with a sense of urgency and can-do attitude.
- You are comfortable being accountable in a culture of autonomy and ownership.
- You are driven, self-starter that identifies and solves challenges.
- You identify as a lifelong learner looking to contribute both professionally and culturally to our organization.
- You have outstanding presentation & communication skills.
This position is located in Wisconsin Dells, WI. The ability to commute to the office is a requirement of this position. There is the possibility of remote work after a probationary period.
Please send your resume to [email protected] to get the ball rolling. We’re excited to go places with you in our back pocket!