Who We Are
Vector & Ink is a Marketing Agency infatuated with travel and tourism. We believe in each other and place our highest value on our team: not our work, not our products and not sales. We know these things are nothing more than the product of a satisfied employee. We thrive in a team environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity. We approach our craft with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude. We maintain an open environment where creativity and curiosity are encouraged. With an ever-growing team of digital strategists, designers and coders – we now create, develop, manage and host websites, social media campaigns, and brand management programs for customers nationwide. We do all of this while also being the most well recognized publishing; distribution company in our two locations in Wisconsin and Florida.
About the Role
The Web Developer position reports directly to the Web Development Manager and is an entry-level position in the field. This position must collaborate with other developers to ensure coding and structure of websites and other projects.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and create websites based on approved designs by client; using appropriate CMS (Content Management System) software so clients may update and maintain their own content as needed.
- Code and maintain custom WordPress or other themes and plugins.
- Update code for existing websites; maintaining functionality and rebuilding as needed from client.
- Review and test webpages in a variety of web browsers, checking compatibility and making corrections as needed.
- Create training guides for customers to help them maintain their content after site is built.
- Update and maintain code for GIT projects; managing code and creating snippets for use by other team members.
- Work collaboratively with department members to ensure Vector & Ink goals and branding when working on projects.
Who You Are
- You are collaborative: working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- You are an excellent communicator: clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Your technical/professional knowledge and skills have achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- You have a solid knowledge of basic strategic principles across digital channels.
- You are someone that works best in an environment with a sense of urgency and can-do attitude.
- You are comfortable being accountable in a culture of autonomy and ownership.
- You are driven, self-starter that identifies and solves challenges.
- You identify as a lifelong learner looking to contribute both professionally and culturally to our organization.
- You have outstanding presentation & communication skills.
Your Education and Experience
- Associates degree in related field required, or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other related field.
- At least 2 years’ web production environment experience in a corporate or agency setting a must.
- Ability to maintain and update WordPress libraries. Strong written and verbal communication skills desired.
Life at Vector & Ink is never boring. It includes perks beyond traditional health benefits and goodie baskets. (Our newest decree includes enjoying paid time off for the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day)! Employees know us as a place that provides ever-changing experiences and team-building outings. You won’t find these perks at offices nearby – we pride ourselves on employee engagement and retention.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
*This position is located in Wisconsin Dells. Remote options are available after probationary position and at the discretion of management.
Please send your resume to [email protected] to get the ball rolling. We’re excited to go places with you in our back pocket!