Web Development Manager
Who We Are
Vector & Ink is a Marketing Agency infatuated with travel and tourism. We believe in each other and place our highest value on our team: not our work, not our products and not sales. We know these things are nothing more than the product of a satisfied employee. We thrive in a team environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity. We approach our craft with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude. We maintain an open environment where creativity and curiosity are encouraged. With an ever-growing team of digital strategists, designers and coders – we now create, develop, manage and host websites, social media campaigns, and brand management programs for customers nationwide. We do all of this while also being the most well recognized publishing; distribution company in our two locations in Wisconsin and Florida.
About the Role
The Web Development Manager position reports directly to the Leadership Team via the Creative Director and serves as leader/point person to other Digital Staff. This position must collaborate with and oversee other developers to ensure coding and structure of websites and other projects using consistent coding methods.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure projects are delivered on strategy, on time, and within budget
- Lead and define web development best practices, coding standards and workflow processes
- Lead integration strategy of the solution with various client and third-party systems
- Mentor other team members on relevant technologies and keep agency up to date on latest digital trends
- Oversee the estimation, prioritization, and management tasks – this includes heavy emphasis on quoting website projects and other client requested updates
- Oversee project completion through routine regular and intentioned checkpoints on quoted hours, work involved, employee tasks, and leads post-project reflection as well
- Manages internal and external support requests, working with account executives to best tend to clients and their growing needs
- Can play the roles of managing the team’s projects on a weekly basis and filling in to meet timeline effortlessly
- Lead the creation and optimization of development processes to bring efficiencies to the team
- Lead the creation and optimization of various team policies and processes
- Keep up with industry trends and identify opportunities to adopt technologies/methodologies
- Collaborate on the creation and optimization of various team policies and processes
Who You Are
- You are collaborative: working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- You are an excellent communicator: clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Your technical/professional knowledge and skills have achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- You have a solid knowledge of basic strategic principles across digital channels.
- You are someone that works best in an environment with a sense of urgency and can-do attitude.
- You are comfortable being accountable in a culture of autonomy and ownership.
- You are driven, self-starter that identifies and solves challenges.
- You identify as a lifelong learner looking to contribute both professionally and culturally to our organization.
- You have outstanding presentation & communication skills.
Preferable Tool/Knowledge Proficiency
- Fluency with version control software (Git, BitBucket)
- Practical knowledge of Node.js, Build Processes (Gulp), Continuous
- Deployment Processes (Buddy.Works) and Composer
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools: JIRA and Confluence
- Monday.com (Project Management)
- WordPress Websites
Your Education and Experience
Life at Vector & Ink is never boring. It includes perks beyond traditional health benefits and goodie baskets. (Our newest decree includes enjoying paid time off for the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day)! Employees know us as a place that provides ever-changing experiences and team-building outings. You won’t find these perks at offices nearby – we pride ourselves on employee engagement and retention.
Salary is based on qualifications, experience and is competitive with market value for the position. If you’d like to share your salary history, that helps us get an idea of your goals and expectations, but no pressure.
This is largely a sedentary role; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, in-office position in Wisconsin Dells, WI. Days and hours of work are anticipated for Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Additional duties, responsibilities and activities may occur at any time with or without notice at the discretion of Management.
Travel is not anticipated for this position; except when requested to attend local conventions or customer meetings offsite.
Please send your resume to [email protected] to get the ball rolling. We’re excited to go places with you in our back pocket!